I just got through reading all of my blog posts for the month of September. It was such an amazing nostalgic experience and I totally recommend it to anyone who is bored enough to take the time. I wouldn't classify myself as bored right now, however, I am definitely procrastinating. I guess when it comes to procrastination, there are several variations. I usually only distinguish between Productive Procrastination and Unproductive Procrastination. Now, I think I might have to add Nostalgic Procrastination...I think it lies somewhere inbetween the two other types. Have you ever been cleaning your room and found an old box of something from your past? It's almost impossible to pull yourself away from nostalgic moments like that. This kind of procrastination cannot be considered necessarily productive because you can't cross anything off of that 'to-do list.' However, nostalgia is such a personal experience that reminds you of who you are and how far you've come...it's not inherently a waste of time, it just ends up obstructing you from other more urgent tasks. That's why I think it must land somewhere in the middle on the procrastination scale. Nostalgic Procratination.
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment